Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fossil Story




Journal day #1                         July 3rd 2006

I am currently in the gobi desert bordering china and I am almost sure that I found a fossil. Not many things in the desert have the same color as a fossil. That color is white. i will record back when I am positive that what I discovered is a fossil.

It is 12pm and the sun is closely reaching  its peak. It is about 102 degrees F and the excavation process is getting harder and harder. I have excavated a circle around the object and I see no extra pieces. I will record back when I have a better idea of what the object is.

It is now 2pm and I am sweating like there is no tomorrow. I drink plenty of water to stay hydrated which is crucial in my mission. I have excavated enough sand to see what looks like two humps.

I am back and I am positive that I found a camel fossil. I can now see the head and the tail. I am pulling it extremely slowly making sure I don’t break the fragile fossil. I spilled my water about an hour ago. I have nothing to drink and predators start to lurk the horizon. I am thirsty now. I start to jacket the fossil. My van is slowly sinking into quicksand. I can’t do anything about it. Its is so far away. I am stranded here with the camel fossil. What do I do?

TO BE CONTINUED…
JOIN US IN THE NEXT PAGE…

No comments:

Post a Comment